About me Image

About me Image

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Our High-Risk Pregnancy!

As if 9 months of pregnancy is not already difficult enough, we had some extra obstacles to face this time around. It was my third pregnancy and around 19 weeks I was put on strict bed-rest. Now for those of you who know me, you will automatically understand how absolutely challenging this was for me. I am not typically a "lay-around-the-house" type of person by any means. I could have probably counted the times that I had relaxed on my couch in the previous 2 years on one hand!

So, needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper to hear that I was going to be "held hostage" for the next 20 weeks. However, I knew that it was necessary in order to bring this special little boy to full-term.

Over the next few months we experienced many trials & mixed emotions of worry, stress, joy, etc. etc. Dr. visits were scheduled EVERY week for the remainder of the pregnancy and it was definitely a challenging time. 100% of the housework was left up to my kids & husband (who was already managing his dad's farm as well as work). What an experience for us all!! I still to this day do not know what I would've done had it not been for the help of my husband, children, and our family & friends. Meals were prepared, chores were taken care of, errands were completed, and the list goes on & on. We even had friends in the community offering to paint and decorate the nursery for us!! We were truly Blessed!

We consistently Prayed and were Blessed to have many prayer warriors Praying & Believing with us. We experienced many ups & downs with the pregnancy (emotionally as well as physically) but in the end ALL was worth it. We delivered our third happy, healthy son on July 28th, 2014 weighing in at 8.4 pounds. What a Blessing it was to finally get him here!!! Baby Paxton is now 5 months old & as precious as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment